Thursday, November 29, 2018

Review: The Dane Law by Garth Pettersen

The Dane Law (The Atheling Chronicles, #2)

Blurb: 

After a peaceful year running their Frisian estate, Harald and Selia are called to Engla-lond.

Their return is marked by violence and intrigue. The king has vowed to Queen Emma that their son, Harthacnute, will inherit the throne, but the atheling is cruel and reckless. Many view Harald as the better choice, which makes him a target for the unseen supporters of his half-brother. King Cnute urges Harald to be prepared to assume the throne should Harthacnute prove inadequate. Harald resists being swept up by forces beyond his control, but doubts he will survive the reign of King Hartha.

And what of his older brother, Sweyn?



My Rating and Review: 


The Dane Law is my first introduction to Garth Petterson’s writing, as well as, his series, The Atheling Chronicles. I thought this second installment from the series was great. I have slowly started getting more and more interested in this time period and even more so after reading this. I thought this was a great read with the vivid historical details. I felt like I was right there watching history being made.

I would love to go back and read the first book from The Atheling Chronicles series, The Swan’s Road. The Dane Law gets a five plus stars from me. I highly recommend it for all historical fiction lovers.

I received this book from the publisher. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment