Saturday, June 1, 2019

Review: Die Again, Mr. Holmes: A Sherlock Holmes and Lucy James Mystery by Anna Elliott and Charles Veley

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Blurb: 

A young woman begs Sherlock Holmes to help find her missing fiancé, but the great detective makes an uncharacteristic mistake. Then Sherlock’s daughter, Lucy James, takes on a missing person case of her own, but she must also keep a vicious criminal away from Becky, Lucy’s ten-year-old sister-in-law. Little Becky soon becomes dangerously involved in both cases. No one foresees the devastating news that Sherlock Holmes has been murdered. 

The newest adventure in this popular mystery series takes us from the Old Bailey courthouse and the seacoast lairs of smugglers to a grand British country estate and the posh financial headquarters of Lloyd’s of London. For Watson, Sherlock and Lucy, survival will require valor, sacrifice, and acts that go far, far outside the law. 




My Review: 

Die Again, Mr. Holmes is the eight installment and my first introduction to A Sherlock Holmes and Lucy James Mystery by the father daughter duo, Anna Elliott and Charles Veley. Even though it is the eighth book of the series, it can be read as a stand alone. I enjoyed this book. I liked how the authors used the beloved classic detective, Sherlock Holmes, teaming up with his daughter, Lucy. Their two mysteries intertwined with one another, putting the two on quite an adventure. I thoroughly enjoyed the suspense and was caught off guard on how the it all unfolded in the end.

I am giving Die Again, Mr. Holmes four and a half stars. I would love to catch up on the series and read the other books from A Sherlock Holmes and Lucy James Mystery.

I received this book from the publisher. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment