Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Review: The Number of Love by Roseanna M White


About the Book


The Number of Love

Three years into the Great War, England’s greatest asset is their intelligence network—field agents risking their lives to gather information, and codebreakers able to crack every German telegram. Margot De Wilde thrives in the environment of the secretive Room 40, where she spends her days deciphering intercepted messages. But when her world is turned upside down by an unexpected loss, for the first time in her life numbers aren’t enough.


Drake Elton returns wounded from the field, followed by an enemy that just won’t give up. He’s smitten quickly by the too-intelligent Margot, but how to convince a girl who lives entirely in her mind that sometimes life’s answers lie in the heart?
Amidst biological warfare, encrypted letters, and a German spy who wants to destroy not just them, but others they love, Margot and Drake will have to work together to save them all from the very secrets that brought them together.

My Review
The Number of Love begins a new series by Roseanna M White called Codebreakers. Readers are introduced to Margot de Wilde, a Belgian teen, breaking German codes during World War I. She wants all she can to help her country. 
I have enjoyed reading books by this author in the past and The Number of Love does not disappoint. Margot is a fabulous character that I loved getting to know. Her story is full of adventure, danger, mystery, action and suspense. This kept me intrigued and I wanted to keep reading. I have it read from start to finish in one sitting.

I am giving The Number of Love four and a half stars. I look forward to the next installment from the Codebreakers series, On Wings of Devotion. I recommend this one to readers who enjoy clean historic fiction, especially involving the first World War. I think it is definitely a must read.

I received this book from the publisher. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment