Thursday, June 27, 2019

Review: The Gingerbread Houses: A Charlie Bars Thriller by Benedict J Jones

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Blurb: 

A dark secret lies at the heart of the British government; a secret so appalling that they will kill to protect it.

Charlie Bars is back in London and has taken on a missing persons case. Easy money –or so he thinks. The man he is looking for is inextricably linked to the evil perpetrated in the Gingerbread Houses and as Charlie's search progresses, he finds himself drawn into the seedy underbelly of the capital; a world of abuse, exploitation and deviancy that threatens to destroy his soul.

Others are looking for the missing man too and hunter soon becomes hunted as Charlie finds himself the target of an insane torturer haunted by the ghosts of his military past.
As he descends into the darkest depths of human depravity, Charlie desperately tries to stay out of prison, on the right side of his morality and, most importantly, alive as he seeks to uncover the buried secrets of the Gingerbread Houses. 



My Review: 

The Gingerbread Houses is my first introduction to Benedict J Jones's writing. It will not be the last I read by him. This book is part of his series, The Charlie Bars Thriller. I enjoyed this book. It is full of adventure, action and suspense, mixed in with some humor. It is quite a thrilling ride that took me no time to read to the end.

I am giving The Gingerbread Houses four and a half stars. I look forward to more from The Charlie Bars Thriller series in the near future.

I received this book from the author, but was not required to write a review. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment