Thursday, March 21, 2019

Review: Courting Mr. Emerson by Melody Carlson

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Blurb:

When the fun-loving and spontaneous artist Willow West meets buttoned-up, retired English teacher George Emerson, it's not exactly love at first sight. Though she does find the obsessive-compulsive man intriguing. Making it her mission to get him to loosen up and embrace life, she embarks on what seems like a lost cause--and finds herself falling for him in the process.

A confirmed bachelor, George vacillates between irritation and attraction whenever Willow is around--which to him seems like all too often. He's not interested in expanding his horizons or making new friends; it just hurts too much when you lose them.

But as the summer progresses, George feels his defenses crumbling. The question is, will his change of heart be too late for Willow?

With her signature heart and touches of humor, fan favorite Melody Carlson pens a story of two delightfully eccentric characters who get a second chance at life and love




My Review: 

Courting Mr Emerson is the newest release by Melody Carlson. I found this romance to be a little different than most I often read with the characters being in their fifties instead of twenties or thirties. I found it to be unique, refreshing and realistic. However, the story was a little slow at times and I found myself wanting to skim over a page or two. There were some fun and sweet scenes that made me giggle, though. 

I am giving Courting Mr Emerson three stars. 

I received this book from the publisher. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment