Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Review: Severed Knot by Cryssa Bazos

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb: 

Barbados 1652. In the aftermath of the English Civil War, the vanquished are uprooted and scattered to the ends of the earth. 

When marauding English soldiers descend on Mairead O’Coneill’s family farm, she is sold into indentured servitude. After surviving a harrowing voyage, the young Irish woman is auctioned off to a Barbados sugar plantation where she is thrust into a hostile world of depravation and heartbreak. Though stripped of her freedom, Mairead refuses to surrender her dignity.

Scottish prisoner of war Iain Johnstone has descended into hell. Under a blazing sun thousands of miles from home, he endures forced indentured labour in the unforgiving cane fields. As Iain plots his escape to save his men, his loyalties are tested by his yearning for Mairead and his desire to protect her. 

With their future stolen, Mairead and Iain discover passion and freedom in each other’s arms. Until one fateful night, a dramatic chain of events turns them into fugitives. 

Together they fight to survive; together they are determined to escape.




My Review: 

Severed Knot is the exciting second release by Cryssa Bazos. I loved her debut Traitor's Knot, and i loved this one even more! She has great talent and I believe she has herself a writing career for years to come.
In Severed Knot, the historical details made me feel as though I was right there witnessing the story. I adored this fabulous tale with Iain and Mairead. I highly recommend it. It is getting five plus stars from me. This is one of those books that should not be overlooked for 2019.
Well done, Cryssa, well done!
I received this book from the author, but was not required to write a review. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment