Thursday, July 25, 2019

Review: Until the Mountains Fall by Connilyn Cossette

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb: 

Recently widowed, Rivkah refuses to submit to the Torah law compelling her to marry her husband's brother and instead flees Kedesh, hoping to use her talents as a scribe to support herself. Without the protections of her father, Kedesh's head priest, and the safety of the city of refuge, Rivkah soon discovers that the cost of recklessness is her own freedom.

Malakhi has secretly loved Rivkah for years, but he never imagined his older brother's death would mean wedding her himself. After her disappearance, he throws himself into the ongoing fight against the Canaanites instead of dwelling on all he has lost. But with impending war looming over Israel, Rivkah's father comes to Malakhi with an impossible request.
As the enemies that Rivkah and Malakhi face from without and within Israel grow more threatening each day, is it too late for the restoration their wounded souls seek?



My Review: 

Until the Mountains Fall, book three from Connilyn Cossette's series, Cities of Refuge, is a pretty good read. I enjoyed the author's vivid details of the time period. I feel like I was right there living among the characters and being part of the story. It tells a beautiful story of God's love, forgiveness, and redemption.

I give Until the Mountains Fall a well deserved five plus stars and highly recommend it for readers who enjoy Biblical fiction. This book should not be missed.

I received this book from the publisher, but was not required to write a review. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment