Monday, October 28, 2019

Review: Asylum Road by James L Weaver

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb: 

Nearly two years ago, former mafia leg-breaker Jake Caldwell had ruthless drug lord Shane Langston staring down the wrong end of Jake’s pistol. Instead of pulling the trigger like he should have, Jake let the law handle it.

Now Langston’s escaped from a Missouri maximum security prison with a deadly goal – kill the men who put him there. With Langston’s crosshairs focused on Jake and his best friend, Sheriff Bear Parley, the duo must scramble to protect those they love and stop Langston’s bloody quest for vengeance.

As the hunt for Langston intensifies, Jake and Bear stumble upon a hard-nosed gang of bikers with their claws deep in murder, meth, guns and sex trafficking.

Teaming up with some new allies to unravel the mystery and nail Langston, Jake finds himself caught up in a game of cat and mouse with some seriously deadly consequences.

This fourth installment of the award-winning Jake Caldwell series will have you biting your nails to the nubs and praying you never have to make the trip to Asylum Road.




My Review: 

Asylum Road is the fourth installment from James L Weaver’s series, Jake Caldwell. It is, also, my first introduction to his work. Even though, this book was part of the series, I think it can be read as a stand alone. I did not feel lost from not reading the previous books. However, I would love to read the first three books to find out what happened prior. 

I enjoyed Asylum Road. I felt like I was on a thrilling ride from the start. I was gripping the edge of my seat all the way to the end. I was left guessing as to what was going to happen next. What great suspense!

I am giving Asylum Road five plus stars. 

I received this book from the publisher. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment