Saturday, October 26, 2019

Review: Wanda E. Brunstetter's Amish Friends Christmas Cookbook by Wanda E. Brunstetter



My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb:

The must-have cookbook of the season is Wanda E. Brunstetter’s Amish Friends Christmas Cookbook—a brand new collection of holiday recipes and insights into Christmas celebrations direct from Amish homes. You’ll also enjoy the addition of scriptures and common Amish sayings. Surrounded by a beautiful lay-flat binding, this cookbook is the perfect holiday gift for yourself and friends



My Review: 

Wanda E Brunstetter's Amish Friends Christmas Cookbook is a handy cookbook to have in the kitchen, not just a Christmas but any time. When I think of Amish cooking, I think of many many steps that I know I wouldn't want to even try to cook like them. But the recipes in the cookbook are short and quick. I found myself constantly marking pages so I can go back and try those recipes at another time. My mouth just waters reading them. All sound so yummy. I'm quite impressed!
In addition to the recipes, their other sections that tell about the Amish during the Christmas time. They include: A Brief History of the Amish and Mennonites, An Amish Christmas, Christmas Program, Christmas Traditions, Christmas Meals, Christmas Gifts, Christmas Music, Christmas Decorations and Cards, Second Christmas, Old Christmas, and Entertaining and Games. I found these sections interesting and fun to read.
I highly recommend this cookbook for any kitchen. I love it! It is among my favorite go to cookbooks all year long.
5 stars

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a wonderful gift for my mother-in-law. She enjoys Amish fiction and is a terrific cook.

    ReplyDelete