Thursday, February 20, 2020

Review: Managing Worry and Anxiety by Jean Holthaus




My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Blurb: 

Scripture says "be anxious for nothing," yet most of us find ourselves increasingly worried and anxious--about our families, our jobs, our finances, our security, and so much more. We're even worried about our level of anxiety!

Integrating both the psychological and spiritual aspects of anxiety, therapist Jean Holthaus offers this research-driven and faith-informed approach to understanding why we experience anxiety and shows us how to effectively manage it by developing three essential skills:

- living in the present moment
- suspending judgment
- believing yourself to be competent and equipped by God

Our world is never going to be a completely safe and understandable place. But with Holthaus's help, our hearts and minds can experience greater and lasting peace.




My Review: 

I believe Managing Worry and Anxiety: Practical Tools to Help You Deal with Life's Challenges is a must read for those who suffer from worry and anxiety. It offers some great tips and advice on how to deal with it. It is broken down into eleven chapters that can help readers understand why they are feeling the way they do and how to conquer it. I thought it was an interesting read and hope to use it in the future.

I am giving Managing Worry and Anxiety: Practical Tools to Help You Deal with Life's Challenges four stars. I recommend it for those who need some new ways of dealing with their anxiety.

I received this book from the publisher. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment