Friday, January 8, 2021

Review: Tidewater Bride by Laura Frantz



Selah Hopewell, Virginia Colony's most eligible woman, is busy matchmaking for a ship of brides, though she has no wish to wed.

Xander Renick is perhaps the most eligible tobacco lord in the settlement, but he is already wedded to his business and still grieves the loss of his wife, daughter of the Powhatan chief.

Can two fiercely independent people find happiness and fulfillment on their own? Or will they discover that what they've been missing in life has been right in front of them all along?


My Review: 

Tidewater Bride gives me yet another reason why Laura Frantz is among my top five favorite authors. I can not tell how much loved this story. The historical details were so vivid, I felt like I was transported back in time. Currently living where it is set, made me even more intrigued. I loved the bravery and courage of Selah. The chemistry she had with Xander was undeniable. It is an all around beautiful and inspiring tale.

Tidewater Bride will be getting a very well deserved five plus stars from me. I will be eagerly waiting for the another piece of historical fiction from the talents of Laura Frantz. This one goes with her other books on my limited keeper shelf.

I received Tidewater Bride from the publisher. This review is one hundred percent my own honest opinion.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I have this one on my shelf, but haven't had a chance to read it yet. Will put it near the top of my list!

    ReplyDelete