Monday, January 28, 2019

Review: The Curse of Misty Wayfair by Jaime Jo Wright

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb: 

Left at an orphanage as a child, Thea Reed vowed to find her mother someday. Now grown, her search takes her to Pleasant Valley, Wisconsin, in 1908. When clues lead her to a mental asylum, Thea uses her experience as a post-mortem photographer to gain access and assist groundskeeper Simeon Coyle in photographing the patients and uncovering the secrets within. However, she never expected her personal quest would reawaken the legend of Misty Wayfair, a murdered woman who allegedly haunts the area and whose appearance portends death.

A century later, Heidi Lane receives a troubling letter from her mother--who is battling dementia--compelling her to travel to Pleasant Valley for answers to her own questions of identity. When she catches sight of a ghostly woman who haunts the asylum ruins in the woods, the long-standing story of Misty Wayfair returns--and with it, Heidi's fear for her own life.

As two women across time seek answers about their identities and heritage, can they overcome the threat of the mysterious curse that has them inextricably intertwined?



My Review: 

The Curse of Misty Wayfair is another fabulous book from Jaime Jo Wright. Miss Wright knows how to draw a reader into a story and this one is no exception. This is definitely her best writing to date. I was instantly intrigued from the beginning all the way until I read to the end.
I give The Curse of Misty Wayfair a well deserved five plus stars. I highly recommend this powerful suspenseful and inspiring tale.
I received this book from the publisher, but was not required to write a review. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.


View all my reviews

1 comment: