Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Review: The Perils of Autumn by Rusty Blackwood


The Perils of Autumn by Rusty Blackwood
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb: 

From the author of the riveting romantic fiction drama, Passions in Paris: Revelations of a Lost Diary, and the celebrated, 5-star award-winning romantic fiction drama, Willow's Walk, comes the intense romantic drama, The Perils of Autumn. 

This page turner, set primarily in the early 1970's, centers on a young Kentucky woman, Autumn Leeves, born in 1946 to Abigail Leeves, an unwed mother who struggles to make ends meet. By 1970, Autumn graduates nursing school and is sent on assignment by the local hospital to care for the terminally-ill wife of middle-aged English equestrian master, Cyril Landon, owner of Landon Lawns Stables, a most successful thoroughbred racing stable located just outside Lexington, Kentucky in a posh community known as The Meadows. 

Duff Taylor, world renown jockey who is tops in his field, lives full-time above the tack room at Landon Lawns and enjoys the many benefits it brings, but he also has a dark secret surrounding an unsolved racing incident from his past that he will go to any length to protect. 

Autumn arrives to Landon Manor in time to be thrown into the fray, and finds herself caught in the ongoing disruption that ensues.



My Review: 

The Perils of Autumn is my first introduction to Rusty Blackwood’s writing. Within the first few pages, I knew she had gained a new fan. This is a great read, with relatable characters and situations. I felt connected to Autumn right from the start. 

The Perils of Autumn is getting a well deserved five stars from me. I can not wait to read more by this author in the future. I have added her other works on my wish list. 

Highly recommended!

I received this book from the author, but was not required to write a review. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.


View all my reviews

4 comments:

  1. Dear Amy, and Locks, Hooks and Books,

    I wish to thank you for your wonderful review of my latest romance drama, The Perils of Autumn. When I create and release a new novel, it is always my wish that it be received well by those who read it; that it entertains and touches the heart, and that it would be highly recommended to others looking for a new read. Perils of Autumn is going to be followed by Return to Autumn, and when released, I hope you will receive it as well as you have this one.

    Sincere Regards,
    Rusty Blackwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rusty! Thanks for stopping by. I am looking forward to Return to Autumn.

      Delete
    2. I thank you for your anticipation! I have also re-shared the wonderful review you did of The Perils of Autumn! Wonderful to be on your Blog again, and thank you so much for hosting Autumn & I.

      Rusty

      Delete
  2. So happy you enjoyed reading this one Amy and thanks for doing so within a quick time frame as I knew you'd love it! I'm half way through myself and agree! She really pulls you into Autumns life and oh my, the drama Lol. Smashing so far!

    Cat

    ReplyDelete