Sunday, December 20, 2020

Review: Courting Misfortune by Regina Jennings


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb: 

Calista York needs one more successful case as a Pinkerton operative to secure her job. When she's assigned to find the kidnapped daughter of a mob boss, she's sent to the rowdy mining town of Joplin, Missouri, despite having extended family in the area. Will their meddling expose her mission and keep Lila Seaton from being recovered?

When Matthew Cook decided to be a missionary, he never expected to be sent only a short train ride away. While fighting against corruption of all sorts, Matthew hears of a baby raffle being held to raise funds for a children's home. He'll do what he can to stop it, but he also wants to stop the reckless Miss York, whose bad judgment consistently seems to be putting her in harm's way.

Calista doesn't need the handsome pastor interfering with her investigation, and she can't let her disguise slip. Her job and the life of a young lady depend on keeping Matthew in the dark.



My Review: 

I was so excited to find out that Regina Jennings has a new series coming out at the end of this year. I was even more so when I had the opportunity to read the first book from The Joplin Chronicles series, Courting Misfortune. I was not disappointed. What a fun read! I was entertained by the history and mystery, as well as, the laughs. I could not put it down. It is so very good.

I am giving Courting Misfortune a very well deserved five plus stars. I highly recommend it for readers who enjoy clean historical romance. I look forward to the next installment from The Joplin Chronicles series.

I received Courting Misfortune from the author, but was not required to write a review. This review is one hundred percent my own honest opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment