Monday, December 20, 2021

Review: Rebel's Knot by Cryssa Bazos

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Blurb: 

Ireland 1652: In the desperate, final days of the English invasion . . .

A fey young woman, Áine Callaghan, is the sole survivor of an attack by English marauders. When Irish soldier Niall O'Coneill discovers his own kin slaughtered in the same massacre, he vows to hunt down the men responsible. He takes Áine under his protection and together they reach the safety of an encampment held by the Irish forces in Tipperary.

Hardly a safe haven, the camp is rife with danger and intrigue. Áine is a stranger with the old stories stirring on her tongue and rumours follow her everywhere. The English cut off support to the brigade, and a traitor undermines the Irish cause, turning Niall from hunter to hunted.

When someone from Áine's past arrives, her secrets boil to the surface—and she must slay her demons once and for all.

As the web of violence and treachery grows, Áine and Niall find solace in each other's arms—but can their love survive long-buried secrets and the darkness of vengeance?



My Review: 

I have had the pleasure of reading the first two books from Cryssa Bazos’ Quest for Three Kingdoms series. I was excited to have the opportunity to read the third installment, Rebel's Knot. I was far from disappointed. This one is by far my favorite of the series. I loved Áine and Niall’s chemistry. They were brought together from the dangers they face. Their story was full of action and adventure. I was captivated by the historical details and often found myself imagining my own ancestors being part of this tale. I savored every single page and engaged right from the start and up to the end. I loved it!

I am giving Rebel's Knot a very well deserved five plus stars. I highly recommend it for readers who enjoy reading historical romance, especially those set during the medieval in Ireland. It is most definitely worth a read.

I received a paperback copy of Rebel's Knot from the author, but was not required to write a positive review. This review is one hundred percent my own honest opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment