Sunday, December 8, 2019

Review: Serving Up Love: A Harvey House Brides Collection

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb:

Bestselling novelist Tracie Peterson joins Karen Witemeyer, Regina Jennings, and Jen Turano in this collection of four novellas, each featuring a Harvey Girl heroine. From Kansas to Texas, the Grand Canyon to New Mexico, the stories cross the country with tales of sweet romance and entertaining history.

In Karen Witemeyer's "More Than a Pretty Face," a young woman works her hardest to escape poor choices from her youth. Tracie Peterson offers "A Flood of Love," where reuniting with an old flame after more than a decade offers unexpected results. Regina Jennings's "Intrigue a la Mode" delights with a tale of a young woman determined to help support her family, despite warnings of danger nearby. And Jen Turano's "Grand Encounters" heads to the Grand Canyon with a tale of a society belle intent on finding a new life for herself.





My Review: 

Serving Up Love: A Harvey House Brides Collection is a collection of four novellas from some of the best authors of Christian Historical Fiction. The novellas include:
More Than a Pretty Face by Karen Witemeyer
A Flood of Love by Tracie Peterson
Intrigue a la Mode by Regina Jennings
Grand Encounters by Jen Turano.

I enjoyed every one of these stories. Karen, Tracie, Regina and Jen has compiled a fun and entertaining collection. I found myself laughing out loud so many times in some scenes that I am glad I was not out in public embarrassing myself. It was great meeting these Harvey Girls and learning about what it was like to be one. 

I am giving Serving Up Love a well deserved five plus stars. I highly recommend it for readers who enjoy a fun, sweet and clean historical romance. 

I received this book from the publisher, but was not required to write a review. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment