Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Review: Dear Grandchild, This Is Me by Waterbrook

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb: 

Preserving a family legacy can feel like a daunting task, but this new keepsake journal makes it easy for grandparents to capture memories, wisdom, and stories in one beautiful package.

Being a grandparent is an incredibly rewarding experience. Dear Grandchild, This Is Me--designed for any grandmother or grandfather to complete--will allow grandparents to collect these priceless memories in one heartfelt keepsake.

Special Features:
* Built-in envelopes to stash special, private letters for specific occasions in your grandchild's future.
* A sheet of adhesive photo corners to adhere photographs and special memories throughout.
* Off-the-record questions to prompt fun stories.
* A family tree to track your ancestry.
* Space to share your favorite recipes, or those passed through the generations.
* A world map to showcase your travels.
Within these pages you'll find a place to answer questions that speak to a grandchild of any age from the simple questions about favorite things to deeper questions about childhood memories, identity, and faith. This book will be a tangible way to keep a loved one close at all times.



My Review: 

I believe Dear Grandchild, This Is Me is a must have. I can not wait to give it to my mother so she can fill out and gift to my children. Within the first few pages, there is a section “My dearest grandchild” where the grandparent can write a letter to their grandchild. There are several sections in the book. Such as:
The grandparent tells about their early days, their family, and how they grew up.
The grandparent tells about their life after high school, getting married, and raising children.
The grandparent tells their joy of becoming a grandparent, their homes, routines, life experiences and more about themselves.
The grandparent tells about their faith, looking back on their life, their advice, and wisdom.
Each section includes inspirational message, Bible verse, pages to paste photos and a pocket to keep mementos

I highly recommend Dear Grandchild, This Is Me. I look forward to see what my mother writes in it for my children. Five plus stars.

I received this book from the publisher. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment