Sunday, December 2, 2018

Review: Enclave by Thomas Locke

Enclave
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Blurb: 

It's been 50 years since the Great Crash and what was once America is now a collection of enclaves, governed on the local level and only loosely tied together by the farce of a federal government. Catawba, one of the largest and most affluent enclaves in the southern states, is relatively stable and maintains a successful business of trade with nearby enclaves, including the one at Charlotte Township. But when a new vein of gold is found beneath the feet of those in Catawba, it's only a matter of time before trouble finds them.

Now the future of Catawba may be in the hands of an untried 21-year-old trader named Caleb. And Caleb knows that if his secret were ever to come out, he would never see another dawn.



My Review: 

Enclave is not from my most go to genre. I did have a hard time in the beginning trying to understand what was going on. After about a quarter of the way through, I caught on and started enjoying what I was reading. In the end, I found it refreshing to read something new, different and unique.
I give Enclave three and a half stars. It is definitely worth the read. I will be looking for more by Thomas Locke in the future.
I received this book from the publisher. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment