Thursday, December 20, 2018

Review: Jerusalem's Queen: A Novel of Salome Alexandra by Angela Elwell Hunt

Jerusalem's Queen: A Novel of Salome Alexandra (The Silent Years, #3)


My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Blurb:

Born in the small village of Modein, a town made famous by the warrior Maccabees, Salome Alexandra knows better than to harbor grand dreams for her future. She pales in comparison to her beautiful older sister, and though she learns to read at an early age, girls are not valued for their intellectual ability. But when her father and sister are killed, John Hyrcanus, a distant relative, invites Salome and her mother to live with his family in Jerusalem, where her thirst for knowledge is noticed and indulged.

When her guardian betroths her to a pagan prince, she questions HaShem's plan. When Hyrcanus finally marries her to a boy half her age, she questions her guardian's sanity. But though Salome spends much of her life as a pawn ordered about by powerful men, she learns that a woman committed to HaShem can change the world




My Review: 

Jerusalem's Queen: A Novel of Salome Alexandra is book three from The Silent Years series. I thought Salome's story was fascinating. I enjoyed the author's ability to transport a reader back in time to Jerusalem. I found this to be intriguing and held my attention throughout.

I give Jerusalem's Queen: A Novel of Salome Alexandra three and a half stars. I would love to go back to read the other from The Silent Years series. I recommend this one.

I received this book from the publisher, but was not required to write a review. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment