Sunday, December 16, 2018

Review: So Bright a Hope by Amber Lynn Perry

So Bright a Hope (Daughters of His Kingdom #5)


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb:

When Caroline Whitney receives word that the brother she thought was dead is in fact a prisoner of war, she is frantic to rescue him. On the way to find help, she hides from the Redcoats, but is quickly discovered by a rugged British soldier who claims she must go with him, or be tried for espionage. The world would tell her this man is the enemy, but the veiled secrets in her captor’s eyes reveal he is more than he seems. If she fails to trust, more could be endangered than her life—her heart is bound to be broken a second time.

As a double agent in the service of Washington, British Captain James Higley must keep his true convictions a secret or face being killed as a traitor. On his newest mission, he discovers a courageous woman hiding in a barn, and is forced to capture her, or both their lives will be in jeopardy. When she offers her compliance in exchange for help in finding her brother, he accepts, despite his inner warnings. He must keep his distance from this alluring Patriot, or risk revealing not only his identity, but the true feelings of his heart




My Review: 

I have loved every book by Amber Lynn Perry and So Bright A Hope is no different. She knows how to write a fabulous historical romance and her talent continues to shine through with Caroline and James. I am so sad to say goodbye to the Daughters of his Kingdom series. I have no doubt this author will have yet another winning series in the near future. Which I cannot wait to see what that will be.

I give So Bright A Hope well-deserved 5+ stars. Well done, Amber!

I received this book from the author, but was not required to write a review. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment